Click on the ads! Please?

Fish Fanatic

I admit it. I'm a fish fanatic. I love rearing aquarium fish, and in particular, the Siamese Fighting Fish (Betta Splendens). My family knows I can get pretty obsessed with this hobby, cos there was a period of time where I would make daily trips to the local fish shop just to get fresh tubifex worms for my bettas. By the way, I need to point out that I DO NOT let these fish fight. They're only used for decorative purposes.

Anyway, so far I've had like one, two, three, four... yeah... maybe about 250 of these magnificent fish. My very first fish was Zorro which I had when I was about 15. Followed by a girlfriend that I bought for Zorro which I named Zelda. Then Zelda decided to date this guy called Z. Zorro and Zelda had some children, about 6 of them, but they all died due to my poor knowledge on raising fry. The love triangle ended when, while doing a water change for them, Zorro decided to jump out of his tank and landed on the floor. Our flooring happens to be quite dark, so it made it difficult to spot a dark-coloured fish like Zorro. Dad then decided that at that moment he would step on the poor fish. The other 2 soon followed suit. Not in the same way though. They died of sickness.

My passion for bettas died down for awhile...

Then, when I was 17, mom bought me a betta, which I named Po (pictured left), so that I wouldn't be too stressed out during the exams. Little did she know that this one move ignited my passion for bettas once again. And soon I bought 2 more bettas, namely Dawn and Luna. I left Po out of this relationship this time, so Dawn and Luna got together one night and they ended up with over 200 kids swimming around in the tank. This time, I did enough research over the internet to know just exactly how to raise betta fry. So I raised all 200 of them to adulthood =) I had to be enlisted into National Service so I had to give away all my fishes.

Here's a video of Dawn and Luna's kids... unfortunately I lost the pics of Dawn and Luna =(



Music Credits: Bana - Shell; Nickelback - Photograph


Today, I'm happily keeping just ONE betta which I named Tango. He's just sitting right beside my desk in his private tank. Here are some pics followed by a video of him...







Music Credits: Matchbox Twenty - How Far We've Come


gloop gloop gloop

1 minidoopz:

  1. HUIJUIN. said...

    no wonder u were practically OGLING at the fishies ytd! u can be my walking fishies-dictionary!  


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.