Click on the ads! Please?

8 Days of Silence

I haven't blogged for a while. It's time I posted something. Here's a pretty long post to make up for it.

School
Lots of notes to print. Here's a maths question (lol):

Kai has 6 modules. Each module requires him to print 20 pages on average per week. How much money would Kai have spent in 6 months' time if each page costs 5 cents to print?

no. of pages to print per week
= no. of modules x no. of pages to print per module per week
= 6 x 20
= 120

no. of weeks in 6 months
= no. of weeks in a month x 6
= 4 x 6
= 24

total no. of pages to print in 6 months
= no. of pages to print per week x no. of weeks in 6 months
= 120 x 24
= 2880

amt. of money Kai would have spent in 6 months' time on printing notes
= 2880 pages x $0.05
= $144

That's 24 bucks a month on average. Even my mobile phone subcription doesn't cost that much... lol

More school...
Besides lectures and my first 2 tutorial lessons this week, it was also Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) Week in my school. All the school sports groups and clubs set up booths to promote their CCA. After watching So You Think You Can Dance, I became really interested in dancing. It was not until the CCA fair when I decided to join a free hip-hop class conducted by the school's Modern Jazz (MJ) dance crew. I was joined by 2 friends and we ended up 'dancing' to the Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up". And boy, were the dance steps quick. I was out of breath (almost) by the end of it all. But I had to say it was really quite fun, though I don't think I'm cut out to be a dancer. lol. Will be trying ballroom dancing next week =D

Olympics
Wow. I was really excited for Tao Li when she made it to the 100m Butterfly Finals in the Beijing Olympics. Even though she didn't win a medal, I was still amazed that she could still get 5th in the final. It's indeed an amazing achievement for someone who isn't as big and tall as the other girls. Now no one can say she's not a world-class swimmer.

And after 48 years of not seeing any Singaporean athletes on the Olympics awards podium, Singapore will finally see Singapore's Women's Table Tennis Team (comprising Li Jia Wei, Wang Yue Gu and Feng Tian Wei) receiving a medal. Feng Tian Wei played awesome.

Health
For the past few days I've been feeling short of breath. I can't breathe entirely and I'm nearly always feeling tired and lethargic. I also get mood swings and easily agitated. (For those who know me in real life, stay away from me, lol)

So I went to a chinese physician recommended by my mom's friend and the physician told me, just by looking at my face, that I lack energy and vitality. He also said that I sleep late and that my spleen is not strong, and that I have anxiety attack. I need to work on my diet and lifestyle to bring my health back up.

I've always had the bad habit of eating too quickly and not chewing my food thoroughly. Rather than eating, I was swallowing most of the time. This might have been due to the fact that I was often rushed in my army days so we didn't exactly have the luxury of a long break for meals. I'd learned from watching Jewel In The Palace (Dae Jung Geum) that chewing at least 20 times on your food will ensure that you'll have a healthy spleen. I better do that now.


Chew your food!


Good Eating Habits
- Chew on your food thoroughly so your stomach doesn't have to work so hard breaking down the food.
- Eat until you're 80% full. You don't have to be exact, just don't eat till the buttons on your shirt pop off.
- If your schedule allows you, split your meals into 5 to 6 smaller meals. This increases your metabolism.
- Don't take a shower right after a meal. This is due to some temperature changes that may affect your digestive system.
- Don't eat after 7pm. For those who have the habit of eating late-night supper, control yourselves.
- Don't eat 3 hours before you sleep.
- Don't drink water right after you have your meal. Give about 15 minutes.
- Don't drink too much water right before you go to bed.



fiiilllthy little hobbitssess...

0 minidoopz:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.